Meet Dr Stroebel
Dr Andrie Stroebel is a cardiothoracic surgeon in Gold Coast Queensland, and provides treatment in both the public and private hospital system. Dr Stroebel has been exposed to all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery and a diverse variety of pathology.
Having trained on three continents, Africa, United Kingdom and Australia, Dr Stroebel has been exposed to all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery and a diverse variety of pathology. He believes in holistic patient care and working within a multidisciplinary team for improved patient outcomes, and strive to deliver state-of-the-art, evidence based care to his patients.
In life we have many surprises, most we enjoy but then there are some that shake the foundation of our family. It is during these times you want a compassionate team of doctors guiding you through your options and supporting you every step of the way.
Dr Stroebel specialises in
• Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG);
• Aortic, Mitral and Tricuspid Valve Surgery;
• Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation;
• Aortic Surgery
Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
• Bronchoscopy, Mediastinoscopy, Pleural biopsy and other diagnostic procedures;
• Surgery for spontaneous pneumothorax;
• Sympathectomy for Palmar Hyperhydrosis;
• Chest Wall resections;
• Resection of anterior mediastinal mass/tumours
• Pectus Excavatum surgery;
• Chest trauma;
• Insertion of Portacath for delivery of chemotherapy
'Heart disease is the single biggest killer of Australians’
– Heart Foundation
'Lung cancer is the fifth most common cancer in Australia1 but the most common cause of cancer death.’
– Cancer Council Australia